A plugged ears are known to occur as a result of blocked Eustachian tubes. These tubes, eustachian tubes, join the upper throat and back of the nose together with the middle ear. The main function of these tubes is to equalize the pressure inside and outside the middle ear. If Eustachian tubes do not function properly to equalize the air pressure, factors like discomfort, hearing impairment, ear popping or clogged ears may arise. Earwax is also another common cause of the clogged ears with others like ear infections, swimmers-ears and among other things. The following simple steps are very helpful when unclogging clogged ears.
· Try some common activities such as swallowing, swallowing and chewing cum. All these helps to open up affected Eustachian tubes and equalize the pressure inside your ears. Pinching your nose and inhaling gently may also work.
· Before you try any other method, ensure you do not any infection of your ears or a history of ear infection. It is advisable that you do not attempt any method to unblock your clogged ears in case there is an ear infection. Signs of ear infection can include persistent pain in the ears lasting for relatively longer period of time, fever, diarrhea, yellow or green substance from your year. Contact your doctor if you can any of these signs for further treatment.
· Apply a wax softening solution. The solution can be found at the drugstore or you can produce them your own in your home. Wax softening solution is then mix with a small amount of mineral oil, drops of glycerin and a small percentage of hydrogen peroxide of a bout 3%.
· Ensure you make the mixture lukewarm because too hot or too cold water may cause dizziness or other infects such as vertigo.
· When the solution is ready, you can then lie down on one of the sides. The ear that you want to drauin has to face the ceiling and lying down on one side is very essential since you can enlist gravity’s help.
· Pour the prepared solution into the canal, ear canal, using useful items such as plastic syringe or rubber bulb syringe. Remain lying for some time, 10 to 15 minutes. This is to allow more time for the solution to dissolve and disintegrate the wax. You can then drain your ear by placing a bowl just beneath the ear and turning the face so that the canal can be able to drain into the bowl.
· Repeat the process above, and if you feel ears are still clogged, try other methods. For instance, take antihistamine which is used to ease the inflammation that happens as a result of cold and seasonal allergens.
Clogged ears are normally irritation and unhealthy and thus they require immediate diagnosis. If the processes above cannot work and if the pain continues to persist, then it is recommended that you visit your doctor for further checkups. You may also undergo an outpatient procedure which involves placing ventilation tube into your ears to allow fluid to drain.